Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mom of two tip Tuesday...

So for some reason I was naive enough to think that when I had my 2nd child he would be just like Haley.  I already rode the merry go round so I would know what I was doing right?  Wrong… Lucas is proving that like I have heard before not every child is the same.  And why would I want him to be the same as Haley?  As I took the time to sit, breath and reflect (quiet time in your own mind that all moms need to TAKE the time to do) I realized that the only reason it is important to me is for me.  Not even realizing it selfishly I want this so that I know better what I am doing and to make it easier and so on and so forth.  As I really thought about my son and what I want for him and what a blessing it is to see him grow and present to us each day a little bit more of who he is I began to see that in wanting him to be just like Haley I am holding him back from being who he is meant to be.  I could see that in some of his personality already shining through he is changing me, helping me.  Its a beautiful thing these little people we are given even more than I even could have imaged.  I feel like I already knew that but now I know it to a whole new level.  Both my children are a new beginning- a reason for more time to slow down and reflection so that I can welcome change and fine tuning in my own life.  So I can be a better me a better mom.  So moms out there who feel like your failing, who feel like you are at odds with your kids each day.  Find hope in knowing that you are not alone and you are doing just fine.  If like our yucky weather today you are in the rain storm. Stop and breath.  Take a moment to let your thoughts come together and to stay focused on the top things.  Choose your battles with your kids and know what to let go of and just move on from.  This is hard for me but I can say that with just doing it with Lucas and Haley I am feeling so much better.   So lets continue to embrace the ever changing waves that come with parenthood.   Good luck and many prayers.. its a beautiful battlefield.  So keep fighting… its so worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment