Sunday, January 22, 2012

Heaven is for real

I have always wrestled with my faith wondering if there was a God how could all the awful things that have happened to me have happened.  Why did I have to go through what I did and as I look around at the world and all the hurting and pain I often as myself that day after day.  But what I realize most is that there have been so many ways in my life that I have been shown or have had the opportunity to experience God at work.  The very reason why sometimes we have the darkness in life so the light can shine even brighter. But the thought of actually imagining heaven is sometimes hard when it is something that you would see in a fairy tale movie of make believe but have a hard time believing is actually real. It is only sometimes through the ways that we experience these things each day usually through the tough times we encounter that help us to add to our faith with each amazing detail.  Ways God does show himself to us and we hopefully allow ourselves to see Him.   I took a journey this weekend into the story of a family who through the experience of almost loosing their son were blessed with an amazing story that leaves you hard pressed to not believe or at least leaves you saying hmmm.  The journey into their lives came through reading the book they wrote, "Heaven is for real" by Todd Burpo.  I was highly encouraged to read this book from a friend or in her words "if you do not leave here (lunch date) and get that book I will be mad at you", which I knew she would not really be mad but was her way of just saying do it! : )  So I ordered the book online that day and gosh I am so glad I did!  So I urge you to stop and get this book today and get reading.  It is a very easy read and for me it only took 2 days to read.  I hope it brings you peace in whatever you are struggling with.  


Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment