Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Yesterday was a fun day filled with Turkey, family and fun. I am so thankful for so many things this year. I have seen God work in some amazing ways and I am excited to continue to see him in my life. I am thankful for the situations , although trying, which allowed me to draw near to God and feel him with every step I take. I am going to try to continue to give things to him and not take them on myself. Only he can make the difference. I thank him for the light at the end of the tunnel that I can start to see a glimmer of. The hope that fills my lungs and allows me to take in a full breath of air and begin to feel alive again. With this year, I am for the first time really excited about Christmas. It is about that time again to sit down and make a list of gift ideas for those I love. I am not a shopper and I hate crowds so I will not be going out to the Black Friday sales but I am excited to start planning out my course to embracing a time of year that once brought on stress and sadness and allowing God to shine the light so I can rejoice as I should be in the birth of his son Jesus who died on the cross so I can live. And LIVE is just what I am going to start to do.

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment