Monday, March 19, 2012

Easter and Pinterest

To continue with trying to keep the tradition of mailing alive I decided to mail invitations to my family for Easter dinner at our house.  My mother in law called me tonight pleased with opening her mail to see this invite which brought her a smile.  I am excited for Easter, embracing spring which I love and bringing family together for more than just a meal.  Time together, making more memories..  Another thing I love is Pinterest so of course I have been looking for new things to create for my Easter dinner.  I had fun with this small project using a hallowed out egg as a vase to hold flowers.  It said to use an egg holder for the egg but I used a shot glass I had at home.  I am happy with how it turned out.  I think I may make a few more.  As I sit here thinking about getting my flowers the other day at the local craft store in my town I am brought back to a lady I met in the store.  She was putting together flower bouquets and unable to decide she asked me my opinion between two she had put together.  I told her both were beautiful but I pointed to the one I thought was a bit more bright and cheery for spring.  She proceeded to thank me for my help and told me that they were for a grave.  She was dropping them off there that day.  I find myself thinking of this lady and sorry that I did not ask her for who?  I said "you're welcome" and smiled a warm smile at her and continued on in the busy store.  I wanted to ask her and have more of a conversation with her but for some reason I did not.  I guess I am so used to just staying to myself and not having open conversations with strangers.  This is something I would like to work on. Be more intentional about talking to others in these situations.  I am thankful that she asked me my opinion and I hope she got those flowers to whoever she was taking them to.  So all in all this project was a success in more ways than one.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment