Sunday, October 17, 2010

What kind of a friend am I?

So today I sit here and think about events that happened recently with a friend. Boy what a storm but one that I am thankful for. I have realized the kind of friend that I am and the kind of friend I want my friends to be. The way it should be and in all of this I realized what "TRUE" really means and that truth can safe a life. I am a friend who loves you through the good and the bad, even if that bad is really ugly. I have realized places I have been in life prepared me for this ugly. Also the grace I have received that I am thankful for is now grace that I am to show on someone that is so hurting that they hurt someone they do care about. That person was me. Someone who did nothing but love ended up taking the brunt of this friends hurt, anger and rage in life. A place that I think we all have been maybe once in our lives where we feel so broken and confused that life just overwhelms us so much we can't breath. As much as I thought this storm was a bad things I am thankful that it was me. I don't know if I am everyday here for a reason but that day I know I was and I have continued to be by loving a very unlovable person through a difficult time. For now the outcome is good and I do not know the future but for today I know I showed someone the REAL me, the fact that I am a true friend. one who will love you even if you make mistakes, even if you get upset and one who is going to be honest with you for the sake of your future whether you like what I have to say or not. I have realized that selfishly we all tend to focus a lot of the friendships that are easy and fun all the time but does that mean the the ones that are a little harder are not worth it? Or that that person does not really need us? I have realized that sometimes someone who really needs us is being ignored because it is not easy or fun enough and that in my day I want to take more time to reach out to those that I feel may really need me. I am reminded that we all have a purpose and a reason for being here and when you really walk that out life is not always going to be easy fun and happy.

So for today I have purpose and I feel good in knowing that I do not know the future but the pages that God writes are good and that I need to continue to remember that the picture God paints is always bigger than we can see...

No comments:

Post a Comment