Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chapter Clip - Same kind of Different as me

God gives each person on the earth a set of keys, keys to live this life down here on earth. Now in this set, there is one key you can use to unlock prison doors and set captives free.
Denver turned his head just slightly so that the right side of his face was closer to me than the left. He leaned in with his right shoulder and narrowed his eyes even farther. "Mr. Ron , I was captive in the devils prison. That was easy for Miss Debbie to see. But I got to tell you: many folks had seen me behind the bars in that prison for more than thirty years, and they just walked on by. Kept their keys in their pocket and left me locked up. Now I ain't tryin to run them other folks down, cause I was not a nice fella- dangerous - and probly just as happy to stay in prison. But Miss Debbie was different - she seen me behind them bars and reached way down in her pocket and pulled out the keys God gave her and used one to unlock the prison door and set me free.
Denver pounded home those last words like eight separate nails, then sat back in his chair, sipped his coffee. He put the mug down. "She the onlyest person that ever loved me enough not to give up on me, and I praise God that today I can sit here in your home a changed man- a free man.
_____________________________________

This is such a good book. As I read this book my eyes are filling up with tears. Such an amazing story, one that will stay with me forever. I love learning, growing and joining along in the journey of ones story whether face to face with them in life or in reading a book. So good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment