Sunday, January 17, 2010

Making Vision Stick

It is neat to have a moment when you can see how things come together and when you realize that God plan for you will never make sense at the time but that is where discipline comes into play. I will admit, I do not do so well in this department. I always viewed discipline as something negative, a sort of submission. If we always understood everything and had our plan all mapped out it would be boring and we would never learn anything from it. True faith comes into play when no matter how unclear things seem to be that you are willing to continue to do what you know you should do by continuing to follow God. Not play the game of walking away every time things get to tough or things don't go you're way. I always say that I do not want to play the victim in life. Just get over the crap and move on. What I failed to realize is that every time I walk away I was playing the victim. I am saying to God that it is all about me. What I want is more important than the bigger plan ahead. The devil will allow you to believe that it is all about you but it is not. Stay focused on the truth and stay focused on the bigger picture. When you pray for God to show you and guide you remember to have your eyes open to see what he is showing you. It will not always be in bold print with flashing lights. You have to really look for it but when you do you will see amazing things. Also remember that even in the ugly, painful, unfair things that happen to be praying and looking. It is in those times that God can be the most present in your life. I was depressed when this summer I turned 30. I kept thinking of the fact that I had not accomplished what I had planned and I was not where I should be. The truth is that I am where I should be. I am embracing the past years no matter how good or bad because it has brought me to where I am today and I am finally understanding who I am and catching a vision for the future. What I have realized is I have had vision but it was all about me. God has put a vision into my heart that I have a passion for because I am realizing that vision is from him, for why I am here and for the legacy that I will leave behind. What is your vision? Pray and open your eyes so God can reveal it to you.

God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment