Thursday, December 31, 2009

Life, death, love and faith to move on...

It is weird how you can feel someone be so close to you who is no longer living. Almost like they are sitting right next to you. That is how I feel right now about my grammy. My grandmother went home to be with the lord on Tuesday after suffering from a stroke in the beginning of the month. Her death is so overwhelming to me for so many reasons. I am so filled with emotions. She will be missed by so many people. She was the most unselfish person I have ever met. Her faith was always so strong and she was such a rock for all her loved her. She has taught me so much. Some of which are only entertaining my mind now that she has passed. God has revealed things to me in such amazing ways through the process of loosing her. I am so sad that she is gone and wish she could still be here but I more than anything am so happy for the life she had lived. I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to know her and be privileged enough to call her my grandmother. She is in me and even if she is not here anymore each person that knew her has piece of her that will allow her to live on. The family values she has left my family with are solid. She built up a strong foundation that nothing can break down. As I held her hand after she had passed I felt as if she was there even though I knew she was no longer able to feel me touching her. I have peace in knowing that she is happy and in a beautiful place. She has finally arrived in her home where I will some day see her again. Until then I know that I am going to look at the way I live while still here on this earth through a new pair of lenses. Grammy left me with such understanding of love, family, compassion, strength, endurance and faith. I have peace in my heart that I know God has placed there letting me know that no matter what happens no one can take those things away from any of us as long as we hold onto them tight, never give up and keep fighting while staying focused on him until he takes us home to our final destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment