Thursday, December 10, 2009

8 Gifts

With the economic times here where everyone is watching their pennies Christmas becomes more of a stress. We live in a spend, bigger, better world. I think we have become a country of people who think that things will make us happy. We have lost touch with people and the little things in life. We miss the precious moments in life that God has for us to see because we are so caught up in the world. Someone sent these to me and I thought I would share them with you. I challenge you this holiday to try to be more creative with your giving. To try to incorporate some of these below into your gift giving. I am going to be taking some time to do this myself and look forward to sharing with you what I came up with. I am not very creative but this holiday I am going to ask God to fill my mind with creative thoughts and ways to give a unique and special gift to those that I love. Happy Holidays..

8 Gifts That Do Not Cost A Penny

1. The Gift of Listening- But you must really listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just Listening.

2. The Gift of Affection- Be generous hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.

3. The Gift of Laughter- Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”

4. The Gift of a Written Note- It can be a simple “Thanks for the help” note or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

5. The Gift of a Compliment- A simple and sincere, “You look great in red,” “You did a super job” or “That was a wonderful meal” can truly make someone’s day.

6. The Gift of a Favor- Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

7. The Gift of Solitude- There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.

8. The Gift of a Cheerful Disposition- The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it’s not that hard to say, help or thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment