Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Get out of jail free




To touch on a past blog post on Michael Vick and the fact that as a Christian we are to forgive. Well as I think into this deeper I am left wondering how this could end up being a double edged sword. So if we are to forgive then what is preventing someone from doing something they know is wrong knowing that those christians in their life will have to forgive them. Don't we all do small things each day that we know we should not do? I will be honest when I say I do. Each day we all make small mistakes that we eventually have to ask forgiveness for so what happens when it becomes bigger? They say that one small lie will end up being bigger and bigger lies over time. So what happens when these small daily actions compound into even bigger ones? Have you ever been handed the Christian card? I have. That is the card that someone pulls out when they have done something wrong to you that you know they knew was wrong but at the time they felt like doing what was best for them and cutting you out. Dealing with it later, not caring that your feelings were hurt in that one selfish action. So they deal you the Christian card. The card that means that you then need to step up and show your stuff by just forgiving them because after all isnt that what the bible says? Maybe I am looking to deep into this. I know there is an answer in the bible that I need to search for. Maybe that answer is the very thing that I already know. Just forgive. The flesh tells you not to but God would tell you to do it anyway. Understanding Gods loving heart is not so easy for me at times. I look at my self and just my relationship with him. Would I forgive me? But he did and continues to. I am so thankful for that and yet that is the very thing I myself stuggle with. I guess that is why we are human. Not perfect, meant to make mistakes and let the flesh take over remembering that is why Jesus died for us. So we could be forgiven. So is it that simple? Have I come full circle?

No comments:

Post a Comment