Sunday, June 14, 2009

Today is the day to do the right thing...




I am reading a book given to me by a friend and thought I would share. This chapter pulled on my heart strings today as I am challenged myself with doing the right thing. Life is very hard. We get up each day with choices to make. We dont always make the right ones. We get tangled in the web of those bad choices with those around us. Friends, co-workers, family. We get hurt and we hurt others. It is the daily grind of life. Depressing but for me refreshing. Refreshing to wrap my mind around this truth. This fact that with knowing helps me to get through each day remembering that my bad choice today may have hurt someone and to choose wisely with my choices. To choose to stop and think before I react. To seek God for the answer. Whatever your faith walk in life I encourage you read this page from my chapter and ponder how you could work just a little bit harder to do the right thing....

Peace of mind and a clear conscience are precious commodities and they cannot be bought at any price. They are yours only when you determine day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute to do the right thing no matter what. God honors the person who is willing to do the right thing with integrity and a willing heart. Even when you fall short - as everyone does-God is quick to forgive. Be strong and faithful. He is always there to help you do to the right thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment