Thursday, June 25, 2009

Journey of growth

I am on day 2 of one of the many classes needed for me to get my broker's licenses. I knew that reaching this goal would be a challenge but I am really experiencing what a challenge this really is. I love the class which is Real Estate Finance but this class is really a stretch for me. One, because the content is mundane and foreign to me and two because the teacher has structured the class to one that rather than just read from the text we have open discussions on government,politics and lots of topics that have been the topic of discussion in the news for a while. I enjoy the class because it has made me realize that I need to be learning more about the world and what is going on around me. I have put myself in a box and I need to explore outside that box and outside of my comfort zone. This comes as a surprise to me since I am normally one who does not like to be boxed in and would rebel against it at all costs. I do see however where I am done this to myself because it is something that was never posed to me as a concern and I never saw the value in it until now. I thank my teacher for bringing this to my attention and for the class mates, all of which are men, for sharing their thoughts to make me ponder. For now I am silent as to learn and absorb all the knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment